Sunday, September 4, 2011

My first post....be gentle

I've never written a blog before, so the next paragraph may hurt a little! The reason I wanted to start this blog, this adventure if you will, is because recently at a thrift store, I came across an entire set of craft books. Make It Yourself, published in the 1970s, and full of how-to instructions on everything from knitting to decoupage. I managed to snag the 20 volume set at my favorite thrift store on a "bag day", for only $2! The best part, aside from the price, is that the complete, UNUSED patterns for the set were with it!

The plan then, is to complete the projects in the books, in order as much as possible. All the items made will eventually be for sale as I can not possibly keep everything, neither can I wear any of it except for perhaps a hat or scarf(most of these things were made to fit petite, shorter women). Of course, first I have to learn how to knit and sew, the two things in the book that I don't know how to do....yet!

The only thing really standing in the way of my starting this fascinating experiment, is amigurumi! I am so enamored with this little craft that I have been doing for weeks! I even managed to come up with a creation of my own, although I didn't write anything down and wasn't paying attention to what I was doing. My Silly Thing came out pretty well, and when time permits I will post a picture. 

Before signing off, I must say THANK YOU, to my mother-in-law(one of the best in the world)for gifting me her entire stash of yarn...over 100 skeins, all but a few of which were brand new! And all so I could craft to my heart's content!


If anyone has any helpful tips or pointers on how I can become a better blogger, or perhaps a crafty project to share, please leave me a comment. I can't wait to hear from you!


K.B.

No comments:

Post a Comment